I came across this costume and believe I will have my humans find it for me. This is what I want to be for Halloween. Then I can meet some nice bunnies and we can all be friends.
I guess I passed out and wasn’t awake for the actual New Year. I think someone must have spiked my milk. Anyway, I hope you enjoy my New Year’s photo. I was hoping to have one professionally done at the stroke of midnight, but instead I got this one taken. I think Max, the Siamese kitty, was the one who stuck the hat on my head. I heard that Salem busted out in a long, happy laugh to see me in a New Year’s hat. I was going to wear a tuxedo, but…. well, here’s my photo.
My mom’s brother …. I guess that would be my uncle … came to visit for Christmas. He has a dog who’s name is Princess Babaloo. Princess likes to play with kitties, or so I’m told. I didn’t really understand the game. I went outside to meet Princess and she’s HUGE (a pitbull mix, maybe with some boxer in there). Princess started running towards me and I ran away. Princess thought it was a game of chase and started running after me. I made it back inside safely, but mom said I made Princess sad because I wouldn’t play with her. What kind of game is that, anyway? I stayed safely away from her and am now not too sure about that whole going outside thing. There are dogs out there! Scary.
Anyway, here’s a video of me with a new Christmas feather my Uncle bought for me. I like him. He patted me, and held me, and loved me, and bought me feathers!
Just in case you haven’t had enough heart-warming today, here is a fabulous video about people saving all different sorts of animals. Love makes the world go round.
Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays!!!
I know it’s not Christmas quite yet, but since New Year’s Eve isn’t far behind, I thought now might be the time to talk. I myself am a bit of a party cat and would love to entertain at a wondrous New Year’s Eve Party. But let’s face it, even a party cat like me can get overwhelmed with all that champagne and want to just hide away somewhere. Or, better yet, sneak out the front door and take a ride home with someone else for the night. And I’m a bit of an outgoing kind of guy. Just think of all those little kitties who are shy, skittish, and unsure of strangers. Take my little sister, Penny, for example. The most a “stranger” has gotten in is a 15 second pat on her rump as she’s running away … and to her, a stranger is anyone other than me and my mom. I know she’s not the only kitty out there like this. So here are some tips for keeping us kitties safe and happy for New Years.
- Remember that it’s much easier for us to escape when doors are opening and closing a lot, especially if alcohol is involved in your evening’s celebrations.
- If you have a room that your kitties enjoy hanging out in, other than the main entertaining area of your home, keeping kitties in that room with a litter box, food and water (please don’t put our food and water near our litter box) can be a great way of keeping us safe, cozy and comfy.
- Remember that kazoos, champagne corks exploding out of bottles, party poppers, balloons, streamers, fireworks, and any other strange and loud noises can easily frighten us; we don’t really understand what all that stuff is for and it can be really scary.
- Please don’t feed us party food or alcohol – some of it can be toxic and dangerous to us.
- Make sure we’re wearing a collar with your contact information just in case we should somehow slip out and get really scared. And if your kitties aren’t microchipped, consider getting it done, because it can be a great way to reconnect you to your kitty should your kitty end up at a veterinarian’s office or shelter.
- Please have a good time; all I ask is that you keep your pets safe and stay safe yourself!
Aren’t these two kitties beautiful? They’re looking for a home in the San Francisco Bay Area. They’re best friends and would love to find a home together. Anyone interested (besides me)?
There’s a fabulous new book out called Downton Tabby! It sells for just $10, but I’ve seen it on sale for only $8. How can you beat that price? If anyone’s looking for a fabulous gift, for your friends, family – or ME! – this could be it! Check it out now! I just wish I could have been in it!